Saturday, October 31, 2009

Welcome!

A certain someone came up with the great idea that I start my own blog about a big interest of mine: Food and Nutrition. Now, I am certainly no expert in this area, however very interested and keen to learn more.
I have always had little or more interest (this varies from time to time) in healthy foods, why they are good for us and how they affect our bodies. If I look back to when I was about 15 or 16, all I cared about was for food to be low in calories and fat, and I stuck to a very strict diet.
As my life changed and I started new schools, my way of eating also changed. I did no longer care as much, I guess the saying everything in moderation could be a way to put words on my way of living (I suppose as an 18-year old this is probably not at all strange)
After this came the great GI-diet, cut out carbs and you can eat whatever you like- sort of concept (I will say tho that me and my sister probably did not know enough about this when we tried it out!) I remember reading that a carrot had a higher GI value than a snickers bar, since the bar has nuts and therefore fat it will get a lower value.. This is a little confusing so you have to know your food (which I later learned).
Then followed one semester of University, with lots of exercise and with that came a growing interest in food and nutrition.
So this goes, up and down and I'm constantly changing the way I live (which is a good thing, we need to explore!) change of city, country, work, all this is affecting us in many ways.

On this blog I am going to share my thoughts, ideas and findings.
As I want to learn more about this I would very much appreciate ideas and feedback from all you out there who share this interest!

No comments: