Sunday, November 1, 2009

Food Inc

For you who have not yet seen this movie, WATCH IT. It is scary, horrible and unbelievable! I did not realise before watching this movie how bad it really is!

Seeing how food is produced and how it is all controlled by big companies who seem to care less about our planet and animal welfare. Watching this just made me a think. A lot. I want to eat organic!
Unfortunately I know that at this stage (however at some point I will) I can simply not afford to change everything to organic, but I have decided to change a few things. Even if it's not a lot it is still a step in the right direction. Milk and meat are the two main things.
I am still looking more into this, and comparing lots of different organic foods with non-organic ones, to see how much the difference in price actually is.
For an example, 2 litre bottle of organic milk costs $4.10, and the milk I usually buy costs $3.50. So were looking at a difference of $0.60 per bottle! I would usually consume (me and Dave together) 2, maximum 3 bottles per week, so were talking about a difference of less than $2!!

WATCH THIS MOVIE. It will make you be more aware of this, how most food is produced today is a big problem and it will not solve itself! If the demand of organic foods increases than the production will follow.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0

1 comment:

Lina Lif said...

Hey! I like this blog, I've started watching food inc, its really interesting. I've got some ideas for you, how about posting something about vegetarian super food, like what vegetables and beans etc are really packed with good stuff? And maybe you could write a suggestion of a super cheap menu for a week? Maybe also a "vegetable of the week" where you chose a veg and explain everything about it, whats good about it and where to use it. Hoppas du gillar mina förslag! Vi hörs Walker! Kram!